New Years Eve packages are for New Years Eve, regardless of weather.
For our open air, bench seating, lawn area, we reserve the right to cancel at any time, but will only be done in the advent or forecast of adverse weather conditions, to prevent the event from continuing safely for patrons. In this event, the tickets to the open air lawn are will be refunded, or potentially offered for the following day, 1st January, if the event is postponed.
No refund or exchange of tickets will be made under any circumstances, except as above.
If unable to attend for any reason, you are permitted to reallocate/transfer your ticket to a named family member or friend at no fee until 28 December 2020. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the full name, email address and phone number you would like to reallocate your ticket to.
The event times are as advertised, but for clarity;
VIP Package – Small Bites & Premium Drinks (6pm – 8.30pm)
VIP Package – Small Bites & Premium Drinks (9.15pm – 11.45pm)
2 or 3 Course Early Sitting (6pm – 8.30pm)
Premium 4 Course (9.15pm -11.45pm)
* Times are strictly limited to the advertised times above. Responsible service of alcohol will be followed at all times. Guests are expected to leave Snapper Rocks in an orderly manner, within 10 minutes of the advertised finishing times, giving guests time to finish any remaining food or drinks. Open containers of beverages will not be allowed to leave our licensed area.
EVENT – NYE CONCERT Ticketing Terms, Conditions of Entry & Refund and Exchange policy
This ticket entitles the holder entry to the Darwin Waterfront precinct parklands from 4pm on Thursday 31 December 2020 until midnight or at another date and time if rescheduled.
The ticket does not guarantee the nature or content of the event, individual experiences at the event or the event entertainment viewing location or quality.
The cost of the ticket is to cover only the event administration associated with COVID-19 contact tracing requirements and registration, and access into the Darwin Waterfront.
By purchasing or holding a ticket (you), you agree to these Terms. It is a condition of your ticket purchase and a condition of entry to the Darwin Waterfront that you comply with these Terms.
Event Changes and Cancellation
1. The Darwin Waterfront Corporation will use its best endeavours to deliver an event for ticket holders at the Darwin Waterfront precinct as proposed.
2. Tickets may be cancelled with no compensation to you as a result of one or more of the following circumstances beyond the Darwin Waterfront Corporation’s control:
a. adverse weather conditions to prevent the event from continuing safely for patrons,
b. any impact as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic; or
c. for any other reason beyond the Darwin Waterfront Corporation’s control.
3. The Darwin Waterfront Corporation may (at its absolute discretion) postpone, cancel, interrupt or stop an Event, or deny access to the Darwin Waterfront, or reschedule the entire event for existing ticket holders to Friday 1 January 2021, without any compensation to you.
4. Darwin Waterfront Corporation may add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists, athletes or teams (as applicable) or vary advertised programmes, prices, times, venues, seating arrangement or audience capacity without any compensation to you.
5. Darwin Waterfront Corporation is not liable to you for any loss or damage you suffer as a result any Event being cancelled, postponed or changed. Darwin Waterfront Corporation disclaims the existence of any common law duty of care to you.
6. No refund or exchange of tickets will be made under any circumstances, except at an Event’s discretion.
No Resale at Premium
7. It is an essential condition of the right of admission to an Event conferred on the holder of a ticket that you and each subsequent holder of the ticket agrees with Darwin Waterfront Corporation not to (without Darwin Waterfront Corporation’s prior written consent):
a. resell or transfer, or attempt to resell or transfer, the ticket at a price greater than the face value of the ticket (including via on-line auction sites);
b. use it for advertising, promotion, competitions or commercial purposes; and
c. bundle it with other goods or services, such as food and beverage, accommodation or transport.
8. If this condition is breached, Darwin Waterfront Corporation may cancel the ticket immediately or deny the holder admission to the Event and retain the price of the ticket.
Refusal of Entry
9. For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, Darwin Waterfront Corporation and Darwin Waterfront management reserve the right to refuse entry to an Event if:
a. wristband is not attached to the ticket holder, is damaged, defaced, forged or copied or has not been purchased from an authorised ticket agent;
b. persons deemed to be intoxicated, under the influence of drugs or disorderly or the presence of the person would be detrimental to, or compromise safety at, the Event;
c. persons deemed to be unwell or displaying any symptoms of COVID-19
d. persons wearing or displaying commercial, political or other offensive signage or logos (except for official merchandise or other Event related clothing worn in good faith);
e. unauthorised persons or persons not in possession of a valid ticket or accreditation;
f. persons who refuse to be inspected or submit belongings for inspection;
g. items carried have the potential to cause injury or public nuisance, including Restricted and Prohibited Items; and
h. adverse weather conditions occur (or are imminent), dangerous situations or any other causes that may affect the safety of patrons.
General Conditions of Entry
10. The following applies as a condition of entry into the Darwin Waterfront Event Venue in addition to all signposted rules and the Darwin Waterfront By-Laws:
a. Darwin Waterfront reserves the right to inspect and search bags brought into or out of Event Venue;
b. Persons 15 years and under must be under the direct supervision of a ticket holding parent or legal guardian at all times;
c. You must comply with all Event Venue signage, including in relation to standing-room only and restricted areas;
d. You must not enter any Event Venue restricted areas, such as back of house, competition and performance areas, dressing rooms, VIP and hospitality areas or any other area not accessible by the public;
e. Narcotics (other than those prescribed by a registered medical practitioner) must not be taken into or out of the Darwin Waterfront;
f. Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or out of the Event Venue. It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol or for persons to supply alcohol to minors. Only Alcohol purchased at the Public Bar may be consumed within the Event Venue. Alcohol must not be brought or consumed at the Darwin Waterfront other than in licenced or private venues;
g. Food or beverages, other than infant food and drink, are not permitted to be brought into the Event Venue. Food and drinks are available for purchase and empty water bottles may be brought and filled at free hydration stations within the Event Venue;
h. Smoking (including the use of electronic cigarettes or similar devices) is prohibited in throughout the Event Venue during this event;
i. Unauthorised soliciting, collections and customer surveying is not permitted
j. You must not attend the event if displaying any symptoms of COVID-19.
11. You must not engage in any form of ambush marketing and must not conduct any activity that conflicts with, impairs, infringes or denigrates the rights of any official sponsor or Darwin Waterfront Corporation.
Eviction from Venue
12. Darwin Waterfront Corporation reserves the right to eject from the Event Venue without refund any patron who:
a. breaches any General Condition of Entry;
b. does not produce a valid ticket on request (other than under 5 year old children accompanied by an adult);
c. is in breach of any of these Terms;
d. may unreasonably obstruct the viewing of other patrons;
e. may be a source of danger, nuisance, or annoyance or otherwise give rise to concerns in relation to the safety and security arrangements for an Event, including excessive noise, use of foul, obscene, abusive or racist language or gestures, the wearing or other display of commercial, political or offensive signage or logos, or the throwing of any object that might injure or cause damage to people or property;
f. fails to comply with instructions from a police or security officer;
g. is in possession of any item listed on the Restricted and Prohibited list;
h. is suspected of committing, or being likely to commit, or having committed a criminal offence within the Event Venue;
i. enters any area at the Event Venue which he/she may be prohibited to enter;
j. damages, interferes with or tampers with any Darwin Waterfront Corporation or Event Venue property; or
k. refuses to comply with requests made by Event Venue or Darwin Waterfront Corporation staff or security; or
l. persons deemed to be unwell or displaying any symptoms of COVID-19
Restricted and Prohibited Items
13. The following restricted and prohibited items are not permitted into the Event Venue:
Glass, cans or any unsealed vessel containing liquid
Illegal substances, including controlled, dangerous or illicit drugs
Flares or fireworks
Weapons, or resemblance of weapons, including knives, firearms, blunt offensive objects, batons and those with sharp ends
Projectile items, including balls, frisbees, rackets or similar objects
Bicycles, skateboards, skates and scooters and helmets of any form
Political or offensive materials
Recording devices (for commercial purposes) and tripods
Flag poles, banners or flags
Eskies and bags of larger dimensions than 35cm in height, 20cm in width and 30cm in length other than in relation to infants where an infant is present.
Animals (other than trained assistance dogs)
Musical instruments and noise makers, including drums, whistles, air horns and loud hailers without the prior consent of Darwin Waterfront management
Other items as determined by Darwin Waterfront Corporation that may cause injury, public nuisance or safety concerns. Please check the FAQ on the Event website.
Patron Safety and Behaviour
14. You must comply with the directions or announcements from Darwin Waterfront Corporation or Event Venue staff and any other requirements relating to access and safety given by Darwin Waterfront Corporation or Event Venue staff or authorities.
15. You must maintain safe, prudent and respectful behaviour at all times. A patron is responsible for his or her own conduct whilst at the Event and must pay for the cost of repair of any damage caused to the Event Venue as a result of their conduct.
16. You must not enter the designated performance areas of the Event Venue at any time and, if you do, you may be fined, expelled and subject to legal action.
17. You must comply with all COVID-19 safety requirements as advertised or displayed at the event and Event Venue.
Liability and Risk
18. Patrons wishing to bring personal items into the Event Venue do so at their own risk. Darwin Waterfront Corporation will not be held responsible for any damage to, loss or theft of, your personal property.
19. Darwin Waterfront Corporation does not guarantee that you will have an uninterrupted and/or uninhibited view of the Event from your location within the venue, nor does Darwin Waterfront Corporation give any warranty as to the quality of the experience, content or duration of an Event.
20. There are risks and inherent dangers associated with attending Events and associated activities that may result in patrons being injured. You agree not to bring any claim or proceeding against Darwin Waterfront Corporation for any damage, loss, injury or liability you may suffer in accessing the Darwin Waterfront, the Event Venue or attendance at the Event.
21. Patrons attending the Event do so at their own risk, and assume all risk and liability for personal injury or death, including that of any minors under their care. Darwin Waterfront Corporation bears no liability for any personal injuries, health problems or death sustained at or after the Event, including directly or indirectly resulting from any existing medical condition. Darwin Waterfront Corporation takes no responsibility for any hearing damage or loss. Use earplugs if necessary.
22. If Darwin Waterfront Corporation is liable to you for any breach of these terms or any tort committed by Darwin Waterfront Corporation (including negligence but not including fraud), Darwin Waterfront Corporation’s liability to you is limited (at Darwin Waterfront Corporation’s election) to Darwin Waterfront Corporation repaying any amounts paid by you or supplying or resupplying any tickets to which you are entitled.
Photographs and Broadcasts
23. Cameras (including digital cameras), audio and video recorders may be brought into the Event Venue only at the discretion of Darwin Waterfront Corporation.
24. Photographs taken within the Event Venue may be used only for private non-commercial purposes. For the avoidance of doubt, commercial purposes include licensing, merchandising, memorabilia, or marketing.
25. Patrons are not permitted to transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise publish, disseminate or reproduce any recordings (including photographic, video or sound recordings) of the event without Darwin Waterfront Corporation’s prior written approval.
26. If you make, reproduce or use any recording, data or image prohibited under this condition, you must assign in writing all copyright and intellectual property rights to Darwin Waterfront Corporation or its nominee.
27. You may be photographed individually or in a crowd scene and/or your voice recorded at the Event, with or without your knowledge. You irrevocably and unconditionally consent without compensation to the recording, transmission and use of your likeness and/or voice by any means (including, audio and visual recordings by television cameras and photographers) throughout the world, to the fullest extent possible in perpetuity, by Darwin Waterfront Corporation and its nominees.
28. Darwin Waterfront Corporation respects the privacy of the individuals on whom Darwin Waterfront Corporation collects, uses and discloses personal information. The personal information that the Darwin Waterfront Corporation (or its supplier) collects is used for the purpose of COVID-19 contact tracing, the sale and distribution of your tickets, as reasonably required for the proper and efficient staging of Events and to give effect to any of its rights under these Terms.
29. You may request access to personal information Darwin Waterfront Corporation holds about you by sending an email to email@example.com.
30. Darwin Waterfront Corporation will not replace your ticket or wristband, if lost, stolen, forgotten, damaged, forged or unreadable.
31. Darwin Waterfront Corporation may choose not to enforce a term of these Terms in some cases in its absolute discretion without affecting its right to enforce that term in other cases, including by replacing tickets or wristbands (except forged tickets or wristbands) if you can demonstrate proof of purchase and identity acceptable to Darwin Waterfront Corporation.
32. If you are under 16 years of age, your ticket booking must be made in conjunction with an adult ticket booking, as attendance is only permitted with the supervision of a parent, guardian or other adult person.
33. These Terms are governed by the law applicable in the Northern Territory and each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Northern Territory.
34. Darwin Waterfront Corporation reserves the right to update, modify or change these Terms from time to time. Any changes will be available on Darwin Waterfront Corporation’s website.
Event’s refund and exchange policy
35. No refund or exchange of tickets will be made under any circumstances, except at the Event’s discretion if that Event is cancelled a minimum of 2 days prior to the advertised day of the Event.
36. If unable to attend for any reason, you are permitted to reallocate/transfer your ticket to a named family member or friend at no fee until 28 December 2020. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the full name, email address and phone number you would like to reallocate your ticket to.
37. As of 12am on 29 December a reallocation or transfer of tickets is not permissible for ticket holders, no refunds will be given, and without any compensation to you.